Sew All Day
Availability: Places available
A whole day of sewing with support, advice and tips from Julia Hincks.
Book your place for a full day of uninterrupted sewing.
You can work on whatever project you wish (so long as you bring it with you) and you’ll have a 6ft table to work on.
Additional space will be available for cutting out or drafting patterns.
Please Note: This isn’t for complete beginners – you need to know how to use your sewing machine and have a basic idea of how to approach your chosen project.
You will learn how to:
Work through your individual project with tips from Julia, experienced teacher and best selling author of ‘The Overlocker Technique Manual’ and ‘The Coverstitch Technique Manual.’
Sewing demonstrations, samples and handouts will be available to support your learning.
Also included in the course:
- Tea, coffee and biscuits.
- Space to cut out and sew up your projects.
- Sewing machines, Overlockers and Coverstitch machines to use.
- Thread to use if you’ve forgotten yours or need different colours on the overlocker.
- Irons and ironing boards to use.
- A day of sewcial sewing and lovely company.
What you need to bring:
- Your sewing machine and foot pedal / cable.
- Sewing kit – pins, needles, threads, etc.
- A sewing project – sewing pattern, fabric, haberdashery etc.
- Lunch and snacks.
- There will be machines and other sewing tools available to use if you turn up empty handed.
Made and Making, Garden Studio, South Downs Nurseries, Brighton Rd, Hassocks BN6 9LY
There is free parking on site or the nearest train station is Hassocks station.
Made & Making’s studio was designed purely with sewing and craft in mind, and has all the equipment and space you need.
It’s based within the glorious South Downs Heritage Centre, which also houses the Museum of Gardening, The Sussex Food Hall and The CUBE Art Gallery, and is part of an extensive garden centre.
You can’t miss the South Downs Nurseries on the A273 (Brighton Road), and there’s ample free parking.
If you’re bringing your own equipment, grab a trolley from the front of the garden centre, unload your car and then push the trolley through the shop and towards the Heritage Centre to the back left of the centre. Walk through the lawnmower museum, craft shop, coffee shop and out the door at the back right towards the Garden Studio.
There’s a bus stop right outside served by these routes:
Metrobus 270 – East Grinstead to Brighton
The Sussex Bus, 33 Hurstpierpoint to Haywards Heath
We are an easy 10-minute walk from Hassocks station which is on the London to Brighton line. For trains to Hassocks please check the National Rail website